Sunday, July 14, 2013

Everyone has those moments where we face something that can bring us to a place of fear....at one time or a thousand!
As I prepare for a conference that I know beyond my beyond and way past my past, I am supposed to attend.... I feel fear.
The Godly kind. I hope!
God has called me to a ministry of leading leaders of women, encouraging with truth, grace, and mercy. He has led me to a group of amazing women in ministry that equip and encourages, not just the qualified, but the called. I look forward to my second year with them but at the same time, I am feeling that anxious fear, and unless given to the Father, can build up doubt and question self worth.

Yet, I keep hearing the Lord say, "....pursue me. Pursue the call. Stop looking for the clarity of your own mind and wait on me." It can feel like the wilderness! What a wonderful place to be...alone with Him.

Hosea pursued Gomer with an obedient tenacity that is such a reflection of how Jesus pursues us. He trusted God. He believed the lead. He responded to the voice of God in a way that I only hope to, in any circumstance I face...... to love where our flesh would scream at us to hate or abandon. But God calls us out...gives us a do-over. Over and over and over again.

“And now, here’s what I’m going to do:

I’m going to start all over again. I’m taking her back out into the wilderness

where we had our first date, and I’ll court her. I’ll give her bouquets of roses.

I’ll turn Heartbreak Valley into Acres of Hope. She’ll respond like she did as a young girl,

those days when she was fresh out of Egypt. Hosea 2:14-15 MSG

As I prepare, seek, pray, and listen, my hope is in Him. I embrace the encouraging empowerment of a bouquet of thorny roses with deliberate care and attention. I wait for the fresh move and lead for the next step.... pray for me, will you?

Purposefully Positioned,
Robbin Gaye

1 comment:

  1. You know I am praying for you sister! That's our verse and I am beginning to live it and so will you!!!!!!! Praying that doors fling wide open and that you can't contain or grow old of what happens next. Love you my friend!

    ReplyDelete