Monday, July 14, 2014

Good Morning!

I am gonna ramble on here.... just have so many thoughts and prayers going through my brain this morning!

Superficial vs Authentic.....What is your 'view' on your life? Do you approach it with humility or selfishness of what looks/feels good? Every decision we make must be led by the lead of our spirit. The spirit we've invited, given permission to, allowed, to live and lead within us. Avoiding the whole, 'so spiritual you are no earthly good' trend. But who gets to determine what is THAT spiritual for us, as individuals?
We do. It's an authentic life, that is sometimes very hard. Other times, it is with such joy and fulfillment we cannot imagine ever living like 'we used to'. How we make our decisions in this life, as believers, is navigated by what we state to believe, and attempt to live by....faith.
Do you believe the grass is greener on the other side? Is what your neighbor has, what you think you need? Is the other guy or girl looking better than the one you are already blessed with? How about the very life you left behind, is that what you want to go back to? To toss out all the hard work done to come so far.... the sacrifices made, do they mean nothing?
We all have gifts and talents, wells of love, and joy unspeakable, just waiting to be poured out of us.
And, we have our own will. Whatever we are doing, thinking, saying, and contemplating in our own will....will eventually seep out.

Is your today, superficial.....or are you being led in an authentic life today? No one said this life in Him would be easy, without hurts, hangups, and habits of it's own...it's all in how you approach (pray), relate (communicate), take ownership (repent), and love....unconditionally, as He loves us. Sounds simple from here, but it's a daily release of our own will and way of thinking. It's finding the embrace, encouragement, and empowerment of God in our lives through the devotions of His word, the time spent in prayer, and the relationships we allow to influence us.... Superficial = Selfishness Authenticity = Truth.

I warned you I would ramble.... This world holds so many superficial lures of distraction!I am brought to the reflection of my own life.

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Phil 4vs8

Do I live an authentic life? Do I even try? Am I so spiritual I don't reflect the Christ I love so deeply, to others in a healthy humble manner? Can I be so easily detoured from the place I now stand, to only head back to the very place I ask Him to deliver me from?

"Save me, O God; for the waters are come in unto my soul. I sink in deep mire, where there is no standing: I am come into deep waters, where the floods overflow me. I am weary of my crying: my throat is dried: mine eyes fail while I wait for my God. Psalm 69

Purposefully Positioned,
RobbinGaye

No comments:

Post a Comment