Wednesday, March 7, 2012

O how He loves me.....

In my morning I found myself starting a worry process over something I have no control over. Although it may be a mountain to some, it is nothing but a mound to the Lord. As I stopped, prayed, and felt myself continue to fight the Lord on who was going to figure this out, He reminded me of a few blessings in my life that I had no hand in. This issue was no different.
A daily email newsletter/devotion arrives in my inbox everyday. Today, was a story that we all needed to hear and remember.... so here goes.....
"You may have heard the story of the man who died and went to Heaven. He was met at the Pearly Gates by Saint Peter who welcomed the man and then said, “Let’s take a look around Heaven and then I will show you to your new home.” The man was stunned by the beauty and grandeur of Heaven and could hardly wait to see what his house looked like. Peter finally stopped in front of a beautiful mansion and said, “Here you are. This is your home in Heaven. How do you like it?” The man stared in awe at the place where he would spend eternity. “I can’t wait to see what it looks like on the inside,” the man exclaimed. Saint Peter took the man by the arm and said, “Let’s take a look.”
When Saint Peter opened the front door, the man gasped at the sight before him. Beautiful boxes of all shapes and sizes were stacked from the ceiling to the floor in every room. “I don’t understand. What are all of these boxes doing here?” Saint Peter sadly smiled and said, “We will have them removed as soon as possible. These are all of the blessings we had waiting for you on earth – but you never asked for them. Now it’s too late.”
Ephesians 2:8 (NIV) “Forit is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God … “
If we could earn salvation, it would simply be a salary for works we have done. We are saved through faith in God alone. Salvation and the blessings of God are His gifts to us. We simply receive them. And yet, we try to make the blessings of God seem almost impossible to experience. He is just waiting for us to seek Him … to listen for His voice … and then to follow Him.
Blessings are all around, in our hearts, and in our future.... slow down, look around, be blessed!

Purposefully Positioned,
Robbin

No comments:

Post a Comment