Monday, May 13, 2013

There are so many ways we can be 'detoured' in our lives without even knowing it. The song on the radio, the commercial or program on TV, hearing a snipit of conversation in passing, a comment over lunch that meant nothing like what you thought you heard. What we see with our own eyes, what we hear with our own ears, where our own feet take us, how our own mind contemplates and makes decisions..... they are just that. Our own.
This morning, in Jesus Calling...a daily devotional....this struck me to thinking and praying....
"Do you trust me to Orchestrate your life events as I choose, or are you still trying to make things go according to your will? If you keep trying to carry out your intentions while I am leading you in another direction you deify ......
(de·i·fy /ˈdēəˌfī/ Verb*Worship, regard, or treat (someone or something) as a god.
Synonyms *worship - idolize - adore)
.....YOUR desires.
O how I do not wish to worship my 'own' anything..... How will you think, move, breath, and have your being today? Will you ask God to keep your gaze fixed on the path? I am gonna try. Have an amazing Monday, people..... ♥

Purposefully Positioned,
RobbinGaye

No comments:

Post a Comment